December 12, 2013

Resin Jewelery: Postage Due!

My love affair continues with resin. Here are the pieces I have been working on this week.  I will have individual blog posts because each piece has a very interesting story behind it.

I think I really pushed the envelope with the amount of different products and found objects I used.

Blue Queen

One of my favourites is the blue pendant (shown above) with the  British postage stamp.

Supplies: 

  • postage stamp (thanks to my late-husband's amazing stamp collection)
  • Bezel from Mod Podge
  • blue  fabric ring (Bead Landing) 
  • ETI Resin

How did I Do It?

Luckily the stamp fit inside the bezel and because it is square, the exposed areas of the oval backing were hidden by the blue ring.
  • Coat postage stamp in DecoArt decoupage - I do both sides- and let it dry.You can cover the surface of the bezel first, then place your stamp, and then give a coat or two of decoupage to seal the stamp. Sealing paper is a must to protect it from the elements of the resin. Allow to dry.
  • I also gave a coat of decoupage to the ring to prevent the material from absorbing resin. Allow to dry.
  • Pour resin onto bezel , just to coat.  Position ring on bezel.
  • Pour resin very slowly into the middle of the ring. I poured about 1/4 of the depth of the ring and allowed it to dry for 12 hours. I then added about another 1/4 of resin.
I could have continued to pour all the way to the top of the little 'pool' but I wanted the pendant to look like it was in a frame. 

Here are the rest of the pieces I made with posts to follow.




Mod Podge Hot Melts mold with David Tutera bling

Ann Butler Designs - Stamp - 1" Diamonds & Plaid stamp collection.

David Tutera Bling on a Roll






The smallest pendant - Technique: gear and ETI Jewelery Clay

Maya Road Journey Tin ( lid off)

Technique -Tissue Paper
~Roberta

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...